We are building apps using modern web and mobile technologies, such as Objective-C, Swift, Java and Ruby on Rails. We operate as a highly collaborative team organized around an agile framework. As an iOS software engineer, you’ll get the opportunity to work on products that help millions of people around the world, and collaborate with other passionate mobile developers to bring the most elegant and valuable educational products to life. You should be comfortable with the above-mentioned technologies and have extensive knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices.
- Designing & developing Objective-C and/or Swift applications
- Developing and improving all aspects of our applications (development, testing, deployment, architecture)
- Writing client-side apps that make use of RESTful APIs
- Writing elegant and maintainable code; a feature isn’t done until it’s been tested
- Writing automated unit tests and UI tests
- Providing technical support of applications when issues occur
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience building world-class iOS apps
- Dedicated to automating everything, from sending out builds to running tests
- Competency with Objective-C or Swift with a successful track record of developing applications using one or both
- Expert in developing iOS applications using XCode and the iOS SDK
- Competency with storyboarding, using auto-layout, and building universal interfaces
- Experience with REST and JSON APIs
- Comfort working with HTTP-based web services, and have a working knowledge of web application and API architectures
BONUS POINT FOR
- Experience developing educational apps
- Experience with Core Data, Cocoapods, Jenkins, Fastlane, Ruby, KIF, XCTest
- Experience working in an agile-based project management framework
- Building highly rated mobile apps used by millions in almost 200 countries.
- Working directly with agile US team with a great development culture.
- Adopting and maintaining best practices in mobile development.
- Building World-Class mobile apps.
- Working from home as desired.
- Local and flexible work time — no need to adjust to US time zone
- Short & simple selection process