We’re looking for a web designer who wants to escape the agency life and become a true expert in everything web-related. This is your chance to escape factory work and the never-ending assembly line, difficult clients, and tight deadlines – this job is solely about you and the quest to create something that has real impact.
If you take this job, you’ll work on only one website, constantly perfecting it and expanding your skills.
What you’ll learn:
- How to think like a client and create web pages according to their business needs
- How to work with data and make right decisions
- How to build both useful and good-looking sites
- How to plan a web strategy by working together with a team of digital marketing professionals
- How website visitors behave, and why they click where they click
- How startups and marketing people think and work
- How to build a brand and influence people through design
- The latest web design techniques
- Design and code new web pages on ActiveCollab.com
- Work on improving the current homepage and blog
- Create illustrations and other visual marketing assets
- Test and track how each page performs (A/B, conversion, UX, usability)
- Collaborate with the marketing and product team
- Track and implement the latest web design best practices
- Photo and vector-graphics editing software proficiency
- Git and command-line knowledge
- Mastery of both visual design and UX
- Fluent in English
- 2+ years of web design experience
- Ability to work from our offices in Novi Sad, Serbia
Bonus points if you know:
- Video and HTML5 animation
- Sketch and GIMP
- SEO and Google Webmaster Tools
- Wireframing, user flows, and other UX methods
- A/B testing and conversion optimization
- Build automation systems (Gulp, Jekyll)
- Always-on-time paycheck at the beginning of every month.
- 40-hour workweek, we promise. No more, no less.
- Flexi hours (arrive anywhere between 7:00 AM and 9:30 AM).
- Stress-free work environment, top-notch equipment, and challenging projects.
- Free home-cooked lunch.
Sounds good? Send us your CV along with links to your portfolio (website, GitHub, Dribbble, Behance, etc.) and why you want this job. We look forward to meeting you!